Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A proposal for a solution to the end of America's debt, or "How I think we wasted money".

Ok, so it's my first blog on this blogspot thing and obviously I don't want to mess it up with some lame movie review, or with something like "My life, oh it's so emo-ly exciting". Nay, I choose to pick the hard hitting stuff everyone loves to hear(and subsequently laugh at five seconds later).
So now, here it is.


A proposal for a solution to the end of America's debt, or "How I think we wasted money"
Part One, or "The first part".

Picture this. Americans, walking down the street when suddenly a small coin drops out of their pocket. That one hero guy goes to pick it up, but is accidentally trampled upon and pushes it down a drain. Or, you could go with the oh-so-common "Make a wish" and throw it in to a pond/river/body of water example, but I wanted to get my point across. We waste pennies. A man once said "A penny saved, is a penny earned". That man, also known as Benjamin Franklin, knew what he was talking about. You see, America is in debt. Lots O' Debt. How is this, with America being the wealthiest country? I don't know.... Oh wait, I do know. It's the pennies, and all sorts of other change that we drop.
And so, just in the very first part of my long, drawn out proposal for a solution to end America's debt, I propose we start a penny/dime/nickel saving commission. It could have a commercial, with a catchy phrase that Emery used(for an unrelated song) "You Think You're Nickel Slick [But I Got Your Penny Change]". If America doesn't start now, we'll start down the long forgotten road of no coin change. And that would not be fun on 99 cent taco Tuesdays for most of us.

Part Two, or "The Second Part", or "The Effect of saving our coins, and also the wildlife affected" or "Why doesn't he just stick with one title?"

So I've already Proposed to collect the coins from the ground, and body of water, etc. What more do I want? Well 20 bucks would come in handy right now, but the real thing I should do is show you how our carelessness with coins has affected the fishes, and a few other wildlife, such as the platypus. You're probably thinking "how did my one penny affect it?" or "all I wanted to do was give it some money...". The thing is, fishes and other animals can't do some things as well as we humans can. This chart should show it.

Chart To Compare Fish to People


So you see, we have to take those comparisons into consideration when we toss our spare change into their home. They can't handle it. Now, am I saying we should just get rid of the problem altogether? Not the fish problem, no. The money tossing problem yes. As our president one said, "I believe the Human Being and fish can coexist peacefully". I do not believe, however, that pocket change and fishes can coexist peacefully. It's a recipe for penny eyed fish, with a side dish of debt, and disaster for dessert.


Note the Penny-eyed salmon, no longer bearing an ounce of tastiness, but now an ounce of your pocket change.


a close up view of the horror

So you see, as I end this due to a lack of creativity, writer's block, and a general want to end it- There is one true point throughout this blog. If America would just pick up their pocketchange, I dare say we wouldn't be in debt.


Of course, what do I know about taxes and spending and such....

No comments: